Ever wondered why you’re so drawn to the colour green? Well, there are actually a few scientific reasons why. Read on to find out just 8 of the possible reasons why green is such a universally love colour:
- The most obvious reason why we’re so in love with green is the association with nature. Green gives us the feeling of being closer with nature and all the perks that come with, such as boosting our mood and soothing our stress.
- The connection that you have with green is a lot more primitive than you might have realised. The fact that plants and tree are green further contributes to how we associate it life. What could we love more than that which is pumping oxygen into our air and literally giving us life?
- When it comes to diet as well, we tend to gravitate towards green as we believe natural food are more healthy. Even those who don’t love to eat their greens are aware of how they’re better for their health!
- Studies have shown that being surrounded by green can have a positive impact on our mental health as it reminds of us being close to nature. In fact, living in proximity to greenery has been linked to lower rates of anxiety or depression.
- The association of health with the colour green is why many pharmaceutical companies use it to promote their products. They use it to indicate that their products are safe and good for your health.
- Green also combines well with other popular colours, especially blue or brown. The combination of green and blue together can is often used to reflect nature, as it represents plants and water. The combination of green and brown is usually used to represent organic or recycled materials.
- It’s the colour of money! Dark green is often used to represent ambition and wealth, which many naturally strive for throughout their lives.
- Not all shades of green have positive connotations. For instance, dark green can also be associated with greed, while yellow-green is associated with sickness. There’s also the phrase ‘green with envy’ that associates this glorious colour with jealousy.
Interesting in finding out more about our pigment dispersions offering? You can arrange an appointment to visit us at Units 5 & 6 in the Bypass Park Estate, Sherburn-in-Elmet, Leeds, LS25 6EP. All you need to do to book an appointment is to give us a call on 01977 685458, and our friendly team would be more than happy to help.